Monday, March 11, 2013

Test

Well, it's been a heck of a long time since I posted to this blog.  I've been planning, for years, actually, to get back here and get started again, and I think I finally have things mostly sorted out.  I'll just throw this on the wall and see if it sticks.

Gaming has changed a lot for me since I stopped updating this blog.  I moved, from a place with an amazing array of gaming opportunities, across the ocean to a place where chances to game have been extremely limited.  Add to this becoming a father twice over, and, well, I hope it's not to hard to see how I went from gaming 2 or 3 times a week to a handful of times a year (not counting my fairly steady playing of things like Snail's Pace Race, Animal Upon Animal, Go Away Monster, Rondo Vario, and Jungle Smart).

All the same, I've had some fun gaming opportunities.  I've gone to Essen several times now, and Nurnberg once.  I've managed to attend a small weekend gathering on each of the last three years, and I have contacts for a couple clubs in Oslo.  I'd like to widen my exposure to the gaming industry as a whole, so it really seems like a good time to get back to writing.

For some warm up posts, hopefully I'll get some writing in related to:
Starting gaming groups
Small conventions
Game teaching
Essen

Anyway, since I certainly shouldn't have any readers after several years away, this is really, as stated, a test.  And, hopefully, a reminder to myself to keep it up.

If for some reason, you've had a subscription to this blog running for all these years and you do see this post, well, bless you.  Bless you.

No comments: